Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Living Life like an RPG

What does living life like an RPG mean?

Well as you may have guessed I love playing role-playing games. I play weekly in a Swords and Wizardry group and occasionally I join in a DCC (Dungeon Crawler Classic) game. I also play in different 1e and 5e D&D campaigns.

For the non-gamer D&D and role-playing may be new to you and that is okay. The premise of a role-playing game is this; you as the player take on a persona of a character. As part of the game, you make decisions such as where to go, what to explore and so on.

While playing you often come to a crossroads, whether it is a literal crossroads or say a fight with a dragon which then requires you to roll some dice. The dice help to determine the success or outcome of the choices you have made. The dice can be used to also help you choose a path.

As a result, the game is usually fun and full of laughs. This got me thinking.

What if I lived my life like I was playing a role-playing game?

Could I have the same fun and maybe score some treasure in the process?

For years I have been searching for that passion. Something I could do for a living that I love doing. Well not sure if I could make a living playing RPG's, however, I could live my life like one.

So I am setting out to live my life like its an RPG. In game, I love to take chances for the promise of the big rewards at the end. I figure I can apply the same logic to real life in the sense of chasing my dreams and the things I want out of life.

My words here are me beginning to this adventure. They are far from perfect and may even ramble a bit, yet as time goes on, and I find my focus these blog posts will improve.

I appreciate you reading this article. Stay tuned for more from living life like an RPG.

No comments:

Post a Comment